Mapetherm AR1 GG - A white or Grey Adhesive / Base coat for use with External Wall Insulation
WHERE TO USE
Bonding all types of thermal-insulating panels (foam/extruded polystyrene, foam polystyrene, mineral fibres, cork, wood fibres, etc.) directly on render, masonry and concrete on walls and ceilings.
Smoothing thermal-insulating panels with embedded fibreglass reinforcing mesh on internal and external walls (thermal insulation system).
Some application examples
Bonding and smoothing internal and external heat-insulating panels and thermal insulation systems on:
• cementitious render or lime-mortar render;
• concrete blocks; • brick blocks.
Also suitable for bonding and smoothing systems for:
insulating inside faces of walls in rooms above
insulating inside faces of retaining walls in basements;
insulating inside faces of loft ceilings;
• insulating external faces of ventilated façades.
Mapetherm AR1 GG is a grey or white powder made from cement, selected sand, synthetic resin and special additives with a fine grain size of up to 0.6 mm, developed according to a formula developed in MAPEI’s own research laboratories. When mixed with water, it forms a mortar with the following characteristics:
• low viscosity and, therefore, good workability;
• high thixotropic consistency: Mapetherm AR1 GG may be applied on vertical surfaces without running and without the risk of insulating panels slipping, including large sized panels;
• bonds perfectly to all materials normally used in the building industry;
• hardens without shrinking.
A grey or white powder made from cement, selected sand, synthetic resin and special additives with a fine grain size of up to 0.6 mm.
Coverage: 3.6m2 at a thickness of 5mm